When you’re riding on your own, sometimes it can be hard to get a ride off to the right start. Getting yourself focused and able to use your body to get your horse to use his body gets you both in the best position (literally!) to progress towards your more challenging work as your ride gets going. It’s also the best place to start if you’re starting at the very beginning building a fitness and training foundation for yourself and your horse. Today I’ll share my 3 favorite warm up exercises that I use to begin every ride, and I’ll…
Some BIG Things Are Coming Soon, Don't Miss Out!
- 3 Position Warm Up Exercises to Start Your Ride Right
- Starting Again, and Finding Dressage From Within
- Ottb vs Warmblood: Training Two Fillies
- A One-Eyed Thoroughbred Takes His Ammy to Grand Prix
- How to Overcome Blaming Yourself or Your Horse to Improve Your Riding Today
- How Your Half Pad Can Make or Break Your Ride
- Getting Control of Your Horse’s Shoulders with the Leg Yield Hexagon
- A Tool For Times Your Horse Makes You Nervous
- Proof the Horse Does NOT Do All the Work
- Video Analysis of My Ride and How to Make This Tool Work for You
About MeFor many years, I was a trainer in Northern IL, but I've transitioned to Amateur in Austin, TX! I believe dressage should be for any horse and any rider, so I want to inspire you to train your horse to levels you never thought possible, and I want to share with you the secrets of biomechanics and classical dressage to make it happen. As a trainer, I gained much technical expertise and insights into making progress with many different horses. As an amateur again, I've gained an appreciation for the challenges that come with juggling a non-horse job with the rest of life, and still trying to keep a horse going as well!